"As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are the children of the youth. Happy is the man that has his quiver full of them." Psalm 127:4-5
Friday, March 4, 2011
I Could Have Danced All Night....
http://www.charlestonrugcutters.com
Last night Kevin surprised me with a night of dancing with the Charleston RugCutters at the Cathedral Church of St. Lukes on Coming street downtown. We had such a great time. From 7 to 8 we had a lesson in Jitterbug, instructed by Aaron "Rat" Barse. He says everyone calls him Rat, but that is going to be hard for me. I might try to get away with calling him "Rad" instead. He does private lessons also. The lesson was interesting because you have to dance with all different partners. This is supposed to help you be a better dancer. At first I was a little intimidated, but it was fun, and everyone was easy to feel comfortable with. We made some new friends. Then from 8 to 10 there was a free dance where you dance to several different styles of music, and this was the time I danced mostly with Kevin. We also learned the basic steps to the Rumba, and a little of the Waltz from our friends Nathan Pollard, and Nicole Ranson who have both been dancing there for years. They are both really good, and very helpful with helping us learn the moves. It was soooo fun! I am excited to start a new hobby with my hubby. Especially something that is fun for both of us. It makes for a great date night. Now we have a lot of practicing to do!!
No comments:
Post a Comment