I am so thankful that my Mother gave birth to me 29 years ago today. She was actually 29 when she had me. I bet my mom and I would have been great friends if we were the same age at the same time. I enjoy her so much, especially being a mom myself now. It is hard to understand how much your parents really love you and want the best for you until you have kids to raise yourself. I never really understood God's love for me until I became a parent either. My understanding is so limited and ridiculous compared to God's infinite wisdom. We cry and complain when God takes something away for our own good. We ask why, and turn our backs when God is really protecting us, loving us, taking care of us. When my toddler wants to play with a bottle of spray cleaner, and I take it from him, he acts like I am trying to destroy his life and kill his fun for no reason. Like I am being unfair and unkind. But I know that if he sprayed the cleaner in his eye, he would get seriously injured. I take things from him because I know what he doesn't know. We do the same thing to God because we have such limited understanding. To us, it is a disaster, but to Him, it is all part of His plan. God knows, we don't. We can't see the whole picture, He can. God told Abraham that he would be the father of many nations, but it didn't happen in Abraham's life time. God may have you in a place where you are paving the way for the next generation. You're work might not be completed until after you have gone home to be with the Lord. If you trust that God's grace is sufficient, that His plan in far superior, life can become so simple. I am such a small speck, I am so flawed, I continually make poor choices, why would I want to be in control? I will always mess it up, and so will you. Don't you want to trust your life, your kids, your relationships, your job, your finances, your everything in the only One who knows the beginning and the end? Read the Bible, it is such a precious love story. God's love for His children. I am so thankful that we can be called a children of God. All he wants from us is our love in return. Oh, Lord, You have it! I love You, Jesus!
 |
| Sweet little me on the day of my birth |
 |
| Me and my Mama |
 |
| The whole family. I am the youngest. |
Hope you had a happy birthday! Mine was yesterday day, too but I turned 38!! :) Your mom sent me a note on facebook last night telling me that I shared a birthday with you. It is amazing how wise parenthood makes us in so many areas.
ReplyDelete