Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Even Harder Than Before

So, I thought these long seven months of anticipating our child's referral was hard, but it is exceedingly more difficult now that we know who our son is, and are still not able to be with him.  I have his picture on the computer screen, on the refrigerator and framed in the living room.  I just can't get enough of his sweet face. I think about him constantly.
 We are making plans, and making room for this sweet boy to become a permanent member of our family. We need to get bunk beds for the boy's room. I found a set online that has a built in trundle and drawers, that way, Koi is on the top bunk, Isaac is on the bottom bunk, and Caleb will be on the trundle. That will leave them with more floor space during the day. I am going to do a really awesome camping theme for the room that I saw in a book. The boys are really excited about it. Claira wants bunk beds too. We will just have to adopt a girl next so she will finally have a sister. :)
 It is estimated 6 to 12 more weeks until we get to travel for our court date and meet Isaac. I don't know how I am going to hold back the tears when I see him for the first time. Every time I watch a video of others adopting, I cry with joy. I don't want to scare him, he won't understand why this woman is crying and reaching towards him. To us, he is our son, but to him, we are strangers.  I am going to have to start praying now that the Lord will give me supernatural strength so that I can hold back my emotions.

No comments:

Post a Comment