Friday, June 24, 2011

Yet Another Miracle!

It is an amazing thing to see the Lord move mountains before your eyes.  Where do I even start!? 
Kevin and Isaac are now doing great. After hearing about their first day together, I was really worried, but it was short lived, and Isaac is now his happy playful little self again. He is sleeping well, eating well, and is a joy to be around. Praise God! 


Now for some really exciting news! But first a little background info... We were really worried about Isaac having to go back to the transition home the day after Kevin took him out of there, but thanks to the Lord's awesome plan, it all worked out wonderfully. Here is Kevin's account of the day: 

 We got to the transition home and all the older kids were there and were so happy to see Isaac. He was happy to be there and to see everyone. He went right up to a little girl and was hand in hand with her for a long time. When i asked Tee who she was he did not know. I was thinking "no way could that be Kaylee", but she sort of looked like her and was about the right age. When I asked Tee if she was new he said no. Ohh well, so I asked Tee to ask in the office who knew anything about Kaylee if I could talk with them. After a little while a very nice women from the office came over and talked to me about her.  When I asked her if she knew where she was at she looked very surprised and she said yes she is sitting right there!!! My heart just leaped, it was the the little girl that was holding Isaac's hand and when the women told me who she was they were sitting together on the couch. The women introduced us and told her who I was, she was delighted and from the point on she did not let go of me!!!! We were both sooooo happy!! I cannot believe the Lord had that all planned out, it was so awesome. We actually ended spending about 3 hours there instead of just the quick Dr. visit. She went into the Dr. office with me and sat on my lap the whole time. When I asked how long she has been there they told me it was just yesterday that she was dropped off!!! So I think but I'm not sure that when we arrived and she saw him that was the first time she has seen him since they were separated a year ago. They were really cute together, she loved on him so much and he seemed to really like it. It is had to say if he remembers her, but I would say from the way he reacted some how he knew her!! When it was time to leave she got all teary on me and did not want to let me go. It was hard!! I asked if I could come back tomorrow and spend some more time with her and they said yes I could come back. I'm soo excited, I will bring her the doll you got her. I left some pictures with her she practical smothered them.....


Isn't' that amazing!!?? We were hoping that Kevin would get to meet Kaylee while we were there, but having a surprise meeting was the best! 


Now for more really amazing news: SInce Kevin is there, and he has now met Kaylee, the in-country staff petitioned the Judge this morning to allow Kevin to come to court and give his consent for the adoption of Kaylee. That means that we will not have to make two more trips for Kaylee, only one more trip to bring her home. Kevin will not have to go to the real court date scheduled for Kaylee, because he has already met her and given his consent now! The only very small problem, (which isn't really a problem) is that his consent for court date is scheduled for Monday at 10am, so he is at the airport right now trying to change his flight. So, he will not be coming home tomorrow, but hopefully Tuesday. That extra time is good though, it gives him more time with Kaylee, and more time for Isaac to get comfortable enough with him to make the long flight home without him freaking out. The Lord is good, and  so worthy of our praise.   Glory and honor be to our Lord, Jesus Christ! 
For now, Isaac is a little overdue, but at least I am not 60lbs overweight and uncomfortable! 
Praise God for the gift of Adoption!! 

5 comments:

  1. THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! WWWOOHHHHHOOO Praise Jesus!!!

    Soo happy for you guys, Laura! We'll be praying God's covering over them. You've gotta be jumping out your skin with excitement!!

    Congratulations!!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AWESOME! I love to see how the Lord works in our lives. Congratulations on getting TWO little ones!

    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laura- oh my goodness! I have been praying for God's providence in all of this since you first said Kevin met Kaylee at the home! He is so amazing! What an awesome God we serve. I will continue to pray for His hand to be shown mighty in the rest of this process. I am SURE He will make this path straight quickly! Thank you so much for sharing- it serves as such an awesome reminder of how BIG He really is! He cares so deeply for each of us! Love to you all- D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am sitting her just letting the tears spill! Back when I saw Isaac on the WCL I just fell in love with him and prayed that God would bring just the right family for him. To hear your story just gives me abounding joy AND helps me know that God's timing is perfect (we've been DTE for almost 8 months for an infant boy).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, MY!!!! I LOVE the multiple stories of how God orchestrates families to become intertwined forever, but man! this story is one of those extra-special ones for sure! PRAISING GOD with you! What a joyful reason to be "overdue!" Double blessings!!!! LOVE the reminder that nothing is impossible with God! His timing IS perfect!!!!! Blessings to you and yours ~

    ReplyDelete