Thursday, June 2, 2011

Another Surprise? REALLY??

 Wow, the Lord is so amazing how He only reveals as much as you are ready to handle at a time. If the Lord had shown us His plan all at once a few years ago, or even a few months ago, I would have said "No Way! That is impossible, that is not for us!". I would not have recognized it as the Lord's plan. This actually was something that would never have even crossed my mind, something that I would have never thought I wanted. That is what is so amazing about it.... read on

It seems that every time He is going to reveal a little more of His amazing plan, He first gives us a little warning and lets us mull it over, pray about it and think about it, so that when He springs it upon us, we have complete peace, and know that it is from Him.
When we first started contemplating adoption, I felt sure that we were going to get a baby girl from Kazakhstan. Then we were going to adopt a mexican baby boy domestically, then we wanted a baby girl again.  As each one of these plans (our plans) fell through, I still never considered an older child or more than one.

When Kevin and I finally felt that Ethiopia was the country, we still wanted a girl, but felt that we didn't want to limit God by picking the gender. (Oh, Please, like the Lord could be limited??) He really showed us! We wanted a baby, but put up to 2 years on our paperwork. Well, as you already know, He had a 3 year old picked out for us, and we are so glad He did!  Keep reading, it gets better...

While in Ethiopia, we discovered that our dear son Isaac actually has a lovely little 7 year old sister. Kevin and I both instantly knew that if she ever ended up in the orphanage, we would want to adopt her. WELL, this morning we found out that his sister is indeed becoming paper ready for adoption, so they called us to see if we wanted to adopt her! Kevin and I had just been praying about her and talking about her the night before, so I absolutely knew this was a GOD thing, and was eager to say YES! We would love to adopt her!! How AWESOME! It is like getting ready for delivery and finding out that you have twins in there instead of just one! The unexpected blessing from God!

Was adopting two older children part of OUR plan? No.
Am I exceedingly overjoyed and filled with awe and thankfulness that it IS GOD's plan? Yes!!!
Now there isn't anything I want more. I want these kids, and love these kids so much, it is incredible.

Bring it on, Lord, fill us with your Spirit, and let us always be flexible enough to reap the benefits of YOUR plan!

We would love for you to pray for us during this time. We are fully trusting God to make this come about. We are completely dependent on Him financially as adoptions are expensive. This will require two extra trips, unless the Lord preforms a miracle. So, let's pray for that! If her court date, and Isaac's embassy dates could line up, we could cut out one trip and save thousands!! Pray Pray Pray!!
Thank you!!! 

2 comments:

  1. AH! The Lord is truly faithful. How absolutely incredible. I have goosebumps and tears! We love you and are praying!!!
    k8 & Stu

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stop thinking about you guys. We are so happy for you, and I have tears of joy every time I talk about your amazing story. :)

    ReplyDelete