Our dear friends Kate and Stu bought us the book God Found Us You, a sweet story of adoption. Every time I read the page that says "No matter how much I prayed it would happen, I still had to wait." I cry. Every time I think we are close, we have more waiting. We left our son in Ethiopia 40 days ago. I have a copy of his birth certificate with our names listed as the parents, I have a copy of his passport, and we are cleared for embassy, but still we wait. I know there are important things going on behind the scenes, I know our agency is working hard. I know it will happen one day, and all this waiting will seem like a distant foggy memory that didn't really even matter in the grand scheme of things. I know that.
No matter how you bring a child into your family, it is a difficult road. Being pregnant was just as difficult as this paper pregnancy has been. And I am sure the transition of bringing our adopted children home will be just as difficult as bringing home one of our newborns.
Still God promises children are a reward, they are a blessing, they make you happy. There is nothing that can fill your life with joy like a child. I can't wait for the day that we officially have our "quiver full".
No matter how you bring a child into your family, it is a difficult road. Being pregnant was just as difficult as this paper pregnancy has been. And I am sure the transition of bringing our adopted children home will be just as difficult as bringing home one of our newborns.
Still God promises children are a reward, they are a blessing, they make you happy. There is nothing that can fill your life with joy like a child. I can't wait for the day that we officially have our "quiver full".
No comments:
Post a Comment