Sunday, February 13, 2011

Allergic Reaction!!

So, since I have scoured the internet looking for pictures of allergic reactions, rashes, hives, chicken pox, measles, and other possible red dot rashes trying to pinpoint my dear son's ailment, and turned up very little helpful information. I thought I should post a couple photos of Caleb's terrible allergic reaction. We don't know exactly what he is allergic to yet, possibly the amoxicilin he was taking for an ear infection, possibly citrus or dairy. We will have to undergo some testing to know the real answer. Poor little fellow. The first day it looked like mosquito bites the second day the dots turned into big rings, and the third day they all merged into huge blotchy welts all over his body, and face. Benadryl didn't help at all, so today the Dr. started him on a steroid. His body is slowly clearing up, but his face, legs and arms are still red and blotchy.
Day 1

Aveeno oatmeal bath

Day 2

Day 3

1 comment:

  1. betcha it's the amoxicyllan. My son and I both went polka dot as babies when we took it. Hope he feels better!

    ReplyDelete