I love Christmas parties. I love being festive and really celebrating Christ's birth. I got to go to four Christmas parties this year and they were all special and memorable in their own ways. Though I want to highlight one Christmas party that really moved me and put a lot on my heart. We were invited to attend a Christmas party hosted by a man with Lou Gehrigs disease, and his wife who has MS. They are both in wheelchairs. Their impairments do not define them by any stretch of the imagination, I only mentioned it because that is what makes them so different. They are defined by their truly generous hearts. They are two lovely people and I admire them.
I had never met this couple (though my husband has been friends with the husband for about 10 years) when the husband told Kevin he would give him a $5,000 matching grant to go towards out adoption, we couldn't believe it! How Extraordinary! How unbelievably amazing! A man I didn't even know, blessing us so tremendously!
I finally got to meet him, and his wife at their glorious Christmas party at their house where their Christmas tree was 20 feet tall and as wide as our whole living room. It was spectacular. They gave each child who attended a Christmas gift, and their was at least 30 kids there. They had Santa come and he called each child by name. It was very special to all of the children. These people are truly a blessing, and I am so thankful to God for them.
 |
| Claira's turn! |
 |
| Claira and Sierra |
 |
| Koi and Johnathan |
No comments:
Post a Comment