All I have of him are pictures. My son, so far away. It is so hard to be the mama of a baby stuck a world away due to paperwork. I miss him. I miss my boy. I miss his high-pitched squeals when he laughs, I miss his pretty white teeth that show when he smiles, I miss his little hands, his busy little feet, I miss his round belly, and his soft little head. I miss his facial expressions when he is happy, or surprised. I miss his hugs and kisses. How long must I wait to hold him again? I truly do not know. This is hard.
Sunday, May 22, 2011
I miss my boy!
All I have of him are pictures. My son, so far away. It is so hard to be the mama of a baby stuck a world away due to paperwork. I miss him. I miss my boy. I miss his high-pitched squeals when he laughs, I miss his pretty white teeth that show when he smiles, I miss his little hands, his busy little feet, I miss his round belly, and his soft little head. I miss his facial expressions when he is happy, or surprised. I miss his hugs and kisses. How long must I wait to hold him again? I truly do not know. This is hard.
Labels:
Adoption
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I remember the same feeling so clearly!!! Take heart -- when you bring him home all of those feelings of longing will be a distant memory. And we only had photos and video of Lucy -- I can only imagine the ache after having held him in your arms. I pray for you daily.
ReplyDeleteKate