Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Great Start to a Great Home School Year!

This year I joined LCHEA (Lowcountry Christian Home Educators Association) and last night I went to the "Kick-Off" meeting. I had a great time, and I am so excited about this year's activities.  Koi, Claira and I will participate in Take Me Out Tuesdays where twice a month we go explore down town Charleston on an adventure walk with other home schooled kids.- Thank you to Nonnie for keeping the boys for me while they nap so we can go! 


I also signed Koi up for Cub Scouts. He is going to be a Tiger Cub this year. How cute! There is another once a month group we are going to do that is called Mission Kids where the kids do "mission work" for others,( eg, making cards for children in the hospital, filling Operation Christmas Child shoe boxes,  etc...) What a great idea!


They have a "freebies" table where you can get and give school related materials/books for FREE, and they have a lending Library with lots of hard to find resources. And we will have parties for all holidays! Some for the moms, and some for the kids. How fun! They even have a yearbook! 


Next month we are going on a family camping trip to the Peaceful Way where there is a water park, kayaking, volleyball, and lots lots more. I can not wait! Seriously.


I am very happy to be part of such a great group of like-minded believers to help me through my home schooling years. :) And it's fun for the whole family.  :)


For my homeschool friends who haven't joined yet- DO IT!

1 comment:

  1. You seriously are going to have to hold my hand through the starting process when Levi is of age I want to learn all you have been learning about Homeschool!!! Thanks for the encouraging information... it sounds do-able! I need to get over myself & feeling that I'm not capable... So I'd love your advice when it's time! Thanks so much :)

    ReplyDelete