We started school on Thursday. Koi is in 1st Grade this year (wow, I can't believe that!) and Claira is in K-4. I bought
My Father's World curriculum for both grades, along with tons of supplemental material to work with. Our first day was pretty crazy. Koi and Claira were as good as gold, wanting to learn, but my two toddler boys were extremely disruptive. I ended up having to banish them from the school room for a while until they could settle down and play quietly at the table. Today went much better. I guess they realize Mama means business when it comes to school, and they can't mess around. I bought them the "toddler package" with all sorts of learning toys so they would have something to do during school, but they would rather have a piece of paper and a pencil like big brother and sister than a fun new educational toy. Caleb ate the erasers off of two pencils before I realized what he was doing. So, no more pencils for the younger two. I am learning as I go.
Home school is fun. It just makes sense.
I want to be the one influencing my children.
I want to raise them.
I want to pour into them, and give them a strong foundation in the Lord. The Lord gave them to us, for just a short while. I don't want to miss a single moment!!!
 |
| Our converted garage School Room- thanks honey, you're the best! |
 |
| Our new school table to fit all 5 kids- hurry home Kaylee! |
 |
| Making Patterns in Math class |
 |
| First attempt at a still life in Art class- they did great! |
 |
| Making clay pots. |
 |
| Koi's scroll with Bible verses written on it |
 |
| Working on those computer skills |
 |
| Reading some "Bob" books |
Koi and Claira are both starting soccer next month, and Claira is continuing with her dance classes. Should be a fun year!!
No comments:
Post a Comment