We got some new pictures of Kaylee today. I just sit and stare into her sweet little face and wish she was here already. Kevin got to meet her and spend a lot of time with her already, but I have only pictures. We still don't have a timeline on her homecoming yet. We are in the process of updating our home study so we can file another 1600A form which, once approved, will allow us to bring a foreign born child into the country as a citizen and legal heir.
So, we are figuring at least 2 more months before we are "paper ready", then the courts will most likely be closed in Ethiopia for the rainy season for another month after that. Add another 2 to 3 months for court clearance and embassy travel and we are guesstimating she will be home by Christmas. Totally just a guess, but we are hopeful. I bought her a lovely little baby doll for Christmas, so I do hope she is home by then. I wish I could share her pictures! She is beautiful. We are so blessed!
So, we are figuring at least 2 more months before we are "paper ready", then the courts will most likely be closed in Ethiopia for the rainy season for another month after that. Add another 2 to 3 months for court clearance and embassy travel and we are guesstimating she will be home by Christmas. Totally just a guess, but we are hopeful. I bought her a lovely little baby doll for Christmas, so I do hope she is home by then. I wish I could share her pictures! She is beautiful. We are so blessed!
Ahh! So exciting - will you bring the pictures on Tuesday?? Can't wait to see!
ReplyDelete