One of the wonderful things that our agency does, is allow other traveling families to take photos of and deliver care package to our waiting child. Since Isaac is about to have a birthday at the end of the month, we are packing him a birthday package with a new outfit, a toy, a ball and Hostess cupcake with three candles. Our wonderful host family is going to deliver his birthday surprise for us, and take his picture. I am itching for some new photos. The only ones I have are from 6 months ago. I should get a few new pictures on the 8th or 9th since a different wonderful family is in Ethiopia right now, and we gave them a photo release for their trip. How exciting! I can not wait to get that email! It is like Christmas, I just can't wait!! I am so sad that we will miss his birthday this year, but so happy that it will be the last birthday he will spend in an orphanage. I am also so thankful for families willing to make his birthday special and give him some love and attention from us. It is the body of Christ filling a need. I am so thankful for his caregivers too. The Lord is good, I know he loves my son more than I do, and I know he is safe in His mighty hands.
That is amazing!!! When we got to the orphanage, the director gave us a picture from Lucy's first birthday -- it gave us a lot of encouragement. I'm so thrilled that you will have a record for Isaac. Those little details are so meaningful. We love you guys!!
ReplyDelete