So, this evening I was chasing Caleb around the living room and kitchen. When I would catch him, I would sweep him up in my arms and pretend I like was munching his belly while I was still running, then I'd put him down and we'd do it again. Well, as I swept him up in my arms the last time, I lost my balance falling forward and for the half of a second before I smashed into the ground I thought "I am going to CRUSH him!" (that is literally the scariest thought you can have as you are flying uncontrollably through the air holding your toddler son.) In that fraction of a second attempting to save his life, I smashed my knees into the ground, trying to make a box of safely with my body, but since I was holding him, I had no way to catch myself, and my face plowed into the hard wood floor at about 80 miles an hour (or that's what it felt like anyway.) OUCH! Imagine, if you will, an episode of Funniest Home Videos when the person falls with such force that everyone in the room watching it yells "OH!" Yes, that was me.
After impact, I rolled off of Caleb, (who was miraculously unscathed) and burst into tears. Kevin literally picked me up off the floor put me on the recliner and brought me ice. So, now I have two busted knees, a fat lip, and a fat nose and an incredibly sore neck. Ugg! Thank God for Ibuprofen and ice!
And Praise the Lord that Caleb just got up and ran away chipper as ever, having no idea he was almost killed under my body weight. We serve a great God! Can I get an AMEN?
Won't you look pretty for Easter pictures??? :) Isn't it amazing how when maternal instinct kicks in, we do not even think of the consequences to our own selves, just to our children?
ReplyDelete