It is hard to even formulate into world what has happened to me in the past 6 hours. I will start from the beginning. On March 15th we requested to see a file on a very special little boy from a waiting child list with our agency. His name was "Isaac", a name they used to protect his real identity. We truly believe that Isaac is the son God chose for us from before He lay the foundations of the Earth. On March 22nd, we got the Ok from our social worker to accept his referral. With his referral information we learned that his birthday was at the end of April. I wanted to be there for his birthday so so much so I started praying that the Lord would miraculously allow us to get a court date over his birthday. It would take a miracle to get a court date that quickly, but I wanted to see a miracle, so that was my prayer. I asked Kevin, and a few other people to specifically pray for that. Well, over the past few weeks they have handed out the all of the April, and May court dates, and we were not among them, so I started to pray for a June court date.
Well, this morning right as I was sitting down to read my Bible because I was having a bad morning, the phone rang, and on the other line was Kristen from our agency. She said "I have some exciting news for you! The judge has expedited your court date and it is set for APRIL 28th!" I burst into tears and explained that that was the day before his birthday and I had been praying for that miracle! The Lord answered my prayer! I will be there for my son's birthday! We are absolutely thrilled!! We leave for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Saturday morning, the day after tomorrow! I am still in shock and awe of our Great God who hears the prayers of the lowly and answers them in mighty ways. What a Great God we serve!!
I am still unable to post his picture until we pass court, but that will be soon!! Please pray for traveling mercies. :) Kevin and I will be home April 30th. Pray for a quick embassy date so we can bring him home soon.
So so so so so blessed!
Laura
Well, this morning right as I was sitting down to read my Bible because I was having a bad morning, the phone rang, and on the other line was Kristen from our agency. She said "I have some exciting news for you! The judge has expedited your court date and it is set for APRIL 28th!" I burst into tears and explained that that was the day before his birthday and I had been praying for that miracle! The Lord answered my prayer! I will be there for my son's birthday! We are absolutely thrilled!! We leave for Addis Ababa, Ethiopia Saturday morning, the day after tomorrow! I am still in shock and awe of our Great God who hears the prayers of the lowly and answers them in mighty ways. What a Great God we serve!!
I am still unable to post his picture until we pass court, but that will be soon!! Please pray for traveling mercies. :) Kevin and I will be home April 30th. Pray for a quick embassy date so we can bring him home soon.
So so so so so blessed!
Laura
God is so much bigger than we give Him credit for, isn't He? I am crying tears of joy with you. I am so happy for your family!! Isaac will never have another birthday without his mom and dad. :)
ReplyDeleteGod writes the best stories!! This is already one of my favorites!
ReplyDeleteWe are thrilled beyond belief -- I can't wait for Isaac to be home and play with Lucy! We love you guys!!! What an Amazing God we serve!!
ReplyDeleteThis post has me all "choked up"... AMAZING news!!! I've enjoyed witnessing what the Lord is doing in your lives!
ReplyDeleteI am so happy ! I have butterflies in my stomach. God is so cool !
ReplyDeleteLuv Ya, Shandy