Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Trunk or Treat

Halloween. I do have mixed feelings about it. I hate all the ugly gory monsters, dead things and devils. They make the "holiday" very unpleasant. I don't like being forced to look at it in stores, and I hate it that my children see it. But halloween also has a lighter, fun side to it. I love dressing up the kids in cute costumes which in my opinion is no different than playing make believe or dress up on any other occasion which my kids do all the time. This year we had a "God's Creatures" theme. Koi was a bat, which is one of my favorite animals. They eat mosquitoes, care for their young, and are just really neat. Claira was a Monarch Butterfly, the most beautiful butterfly in my opinion, and Caleb was a giraffe. A darling little giraffe. We went to three different Trunk or Treats at local Churches. It was fun, no scary things or creepy people. Just a bunch of Church-goers wanting to make a safe place for kids to get some candy and make some memories. I couldn't help but wonder if we will have our new baby by next halloween. Adopting really is like being pregnant. That baby is always on my mind.  I love you, my sweet little baby! You are so far away, but so close to my heart.





No comments:

Post a Comment