Today was Koi's first Day of Kindergarten. All summer we have been preparing our new "classroom" in our converted garage. I have spent countless hours looking over curriculum and reading homeschooling books. In July we went to a Homeschool Convention and heard many amazing speakers and saw hundreds of other homeschool families with thriving and happy kids. All of this study, preparation and prayer lead to one great first day. Koi responded really well to me being his new teacher. We set the day up like real school. We had Bible, Rug Time, Weather and Calendar Time, Snack Time, Math, Reading, Writing, Science, Art, and even a Kitchen Connection (Home Economics). I purchased my Math and Reading Curriculums, and my Mom, (a teacher with 28 years experience) wrote all my other curriculum and tied it all together. It is amazing. Thanks for all your hard work, Mama!
Claira is my honorary student for now, she did all of the work right along with Koi today. She is starting 3-K on the 24th and then will only be with us on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Caleb is our mascot. Koi really wanted to be the Tigers even though I wanted to be the Owls, (just because I love Owls). Kevin voted and I lost. I have a really cute Tigger costume for Caleb to wear at our pep rally. :)
It is really amazing how the Lord can completely change your heart about something. I never saw myself as a homeschooler, in fact, for years I have just said, "that is just not for me". But over the past year the Lord has been working on me, and now I can't imagine any other way. I am thrilled to be a homeschooler!
| Add caption |
No comments:
Post a Comment