All this time I have been dreading the summer. I am not a hot weather kind of girl because I don't like to feel sweaty and sticky. I like to feel (and smell) clean...which is not that easy to do in the long hot summer months here. In fact every summer I long to move somewhere cooler. I have always had a "the grass is always greener on the other side" mentality, and I have always hated feeling that way. I yearn to be content in all things. The Lord has certainly been working on me with this over the years.
This evening we went out to the beach. There was a lovely breeze, and I watched my precious children, all 5 of them, play and laugh and swim and run. It seemed to me in that moment the most peaceful moment. I felt real joy, the kind that only comes from God. I felt blessed and complete and content. The clouds bellowed above me, the sounds of the ocean surrounded me and my sweet Caleb talked and talked to me with his sweet little smile and gestures. Claira fearlessly body surfed in the waves, Isaac poured buckets of water over his head and belly laughed, Kaylee and Koi body boarded, and my Love, still my Knight in Shining Armor after all these years told me I was beautiful. I am blessed.
So, school is out, I have a busy, crazy, hectic home filled with kids who all want to be entertained at the same time, who all fight for attention and drive me up the wall. But I love them, and I love this life that the Lord has blessed me with, and I love my husband- the most wonderful blessing the Lord has ever given me. I love our little house, I love living in Charleston, heat and all. I love living by the beach. And I love my Lord and Savior Jesus most of all.
This evening we went out to the beach. There was a lovely breeze, and I watched my precious children, all 5 of them, play and laugh and swim and run. It seemed to me in that moment the most peaceful moment. I felt real joy, the kind that only comes from God. I felt blessed and complete and content. The clouds bellowed above me, the sounds of the ocean surrounded me and my sweet Caleb talked and talked to me with his sweet little smile and gestures. Claira fearlessly body surfed in the waves, Isaac poured buckets of water over his head and belly laughed, Kaylee and Koi body boarded, and my Love, still my Knight in Shining Armor after all these years told me I was beautiful. I am blessed.
So, school is out, I have a busy, crazy, hectic home filled with kids who all want to be entertained at the same time, who all fight for attention and drive me up the wall. But I love them, and I love this life that the Lord has blessed me with, and I love my husband- the most wonderful blessing the Lord has ever given me. I love our little house, I love living in Charleston, heat and all. I love living by the beach. And I love my Lord and Savior Jesus most of all.
No comments:
Post a Comment